Sunday, October 2, 2011

Hope

Well, as week four enters it's final days I am feeling hopeful. The recent blood test which revealed my baseline viral load as 1 million was good news on two accounts. When I began treatment before it was at 4 million so one assumes 1m will be easier to be rid of. Secondly 1m was the best drop that I achieved last time and I am pleased that my body was able to keep it at that level - one would normally expect it to rise back to previous levels after coming off treatment. If I do manage to knock the virus down to undetectable, this evidence implies, that it will remain there. Of course the fact remains that last time I could not get rid of that last 1m, but I think I was just exhausted by the process. This time it has not been so onerous. Naturally all hinges on my week four blood test. However I should get some kind of indication how things are going on Tuesday because I will get my week two blood test results back then and I'm hoping for a significant drop in the load. I have been pretty tired this week. Wednesday and Thursday as usual were the worst. Lots of headaches this time. I do worry that as the weeks go on there will be a culmantive effect. That happened last time. The sunny weather helped me keep a positive mood though. I'll post how it goes on Tuesday. Fingers crossed.

No comments: