Wednesday, October 15, 2008

One Month Done

Into the fifth week. 1/12th done. (I can see why you became obsessed with numbers Chris.) I am waiting for my countdown to reach 300 days as the next marker.

The weekend turned out to be quite good for me. My energies were definitely better. Eating still problematic, though I try hard not to miss meals. I went on my Wii Fit today and it said I'd lost 2lb since I last used it two weeks ago. That said I feel things are stabilising. I've had fish and chips twice this week, so there is a distinct possibility my weight may go up! Now that would confuse the nurses.

Speaking of the nurse: I went into hospital to have blood taken for my first viral load test since starting treatment. Results will take a few weeks to come through. This will be the first indicator as to whether the process is working. Anecdotally - by that I mean, me talking to myself. I feel beneath the symptoms of the treatment itself, there is a change happening. In particular in my thinking. I am sure if I had the energy my brain would verging on normal. Anyway I will let you know the results.

Saw my Chinese Medicine Practitioner yesterday. It was tough telling her about going on treatment, as I know she does not really approve of it. However, she was very professional, accepted my decision and said she would do all she could to support me. So, I have new herbs to try. Hopefully these will mollify the nausea and digestive system problems. Certainly the medicine has been very helpful in the past.





2 comments:

Debi said...

This all feels really positive. I know there will be ups and downs and twists and turns, but there's only one way to go - and that's forward! xxx

Chris Vacano said...

Agreed. To borrow a line from one of the all-time classic video games, Doom:
"the only way out is through."